Cassiopeia Philippines (CassPH), named after the official fan club of TVXQ in South Korea, is a non-stock, non-profit organization dedicated to promote awareness of Korean and Japanese music and culture by uniting all Filipino fans of TVXQ/Tohoshinki/JYJ.
Since 2006, CassPH continues to lead a solid fan base here in the Philippines. The number continues to grow as more and more Filipinos become aware of the K-POP culture. Over the years CassPH have organized some of the most notable events in the KPOP Community.
Where it all started
Everything started back in 2004. There were a group of Filipino TVXQ fans who were members of a certain Filipino-Chinese forum. They shared their love for TVXQ in a single forum thread. One of them decided to make a forum of their own so that they can share the TVXQ love more freely. The original CassPH core members were part of that first ever TVXQ forum catered to Filipino fans. They had mini gatherings too during that time. But then people got busy and started to leave the forum world.
It was on January 28, 2006… Filipino TVXQ fans from different online communities panicked on Yahoo Messenger without even knowing each other. They just talked about where exact TVXQ is in Manila. No on slept and on January 29, they just headed to Makati and Pasay to look for TVXQ. It was TVXQ’s commercial film (CF) shoot for a shopping mall in Korea. Around 20-30 fans were gathered at the shoot location under the scorching heat of the Philippine sun, united as one.
After 5 months, CassPH was born. Three of the original core members were discussing the CF shoot and they remembered a certain comment form a Korean Cassiopeia call the fans that were there as “필리핀 카시오페이아”. One of them suggested “Why don’t we make an organization for TVXQ that will unite all Filipino TVXQ fans?”
Right then and there, they created CassPH. It was like an impulse and started with just 3 people. But today, the “impulse spur of the moment” fanclub has thousands of official members and supporters, who are Filipinos, foreigners in the Philippines, and Filipinos living overseas.
CassPH continues its missions to continually support TVXQ, Tohoshinki, and JYJ and in bringing the fans’ hearts close with each other.
We, CassPH, aim to lead a solid fan base in which we would unite all the Filipinos who are devoted fans of TVXQ/TOHOSHINKI/JYJ. With this organization, we aspire to be known as the first and only TVXQ/TOHOSHINKI/JYJ fanclub in the Philippines. We envision to have an awareness of Korean pop culture and the unification of fans in the country; therefore also promoting Korean music here and forming friendly relations with the Korean community in the Philippines.
- 2011 – Grand Champion at the Fanchant Battle of the Second Annual Kpop and Culture Fest last July 31, 2011 at SM Megamall
- 2011 – Fanclub of the Year at the 3rd Philippine Kpop Awards last December 30, 2011 at Megatent, Ortigas
- 2012 – GLOBE UNLI30 Fanclub of the Year at the 4th Philippine Kpop Awards last December 29, 2012 at PICC Forums 1-3
- 2012 – Grand Champion – Fanclub Fanchant Battle at the 4th Annual Kpop and Culture Festival (2nd time winner)
- 2013 – Best Fanclub Booth at the 5th Philippine Kpop Awards/Convention last December 28, 2013 at SMX Convention Center
- Kim Jaejoong’s first fanmeeting in the Philippines
- Cassiopeia Philippines 10th Anniversary!
- 11G: Wasurenaide… Tsuzuku…. [Do not forget… To be continued…]
- Cassiopeia Philippines 8th Anniversary!
- Kim Jaejoong wins HOTTEST MALE ARTIST for the 4th consecutive year
- Grand Champion – Fanclub Fanchant Battle at the 4th Annual Kpop and Culture Festival
- Jaejoong’s “MINE” enters MYX chart – M.I.T. 20 at #20!
- Jaejoong’s repackage album ‘Y’ ranked #1 on iTunes chart in 3 countries!!(Thailand, Japan and Philippines)
- Kim Jaejoong “I” mini album sold out in the Philippines
- #Happy28thYunho #1 in the Philippines
- Fiipino fans sent rice wreath for Yunho’s drama
- Rooftop Prince premieres on ABS-CBN
- Cassiopeia Philippines ‘Catches’ Pinoy Fans’ Hearts at the 4th Philippine Kpop Convention
- Kim Jaejoong wins HOTTEST MALE ARTIST for the 3rd consecutive year
- #StandbyTVXQ9anni spotted trending in the Philippines!
- TVXQ’s Catch Me Album Launch
- TVXQ was featured in GMA7’s 24 Oras
- @CassPH Twitter reached 7k+ followers
- CassPH’s Rice Wreath support for TVXQ’s Catch Me Concert
- Secret Love: Sungkyunkwan Scandal premieres in ABS-CBN
- #CatchMeTVXQ trended in the Philippines
- #BringTVXQinManila2013 makes it to the Philippines Trending Topics
- 10G: Back Two Basics
- Cassiopeia Philippines’ 6th Anniversary!
- 12,000 likes Facebook Likes!
- FUR RED LOVE -Animal Charity Event
- CassPH Twitter reached 5,555 followers
- 9G: The Red Room Exhibit
- First ever Kitiwit Music Video of the Year Award “DBSK – Hug” (#1) & “JYJ – Get Out” (#4)
- #믿어요동방신기 is trending in the Philippines!
- CassPH @ 2011 Music Festival Manila: Rewind KPOP
- DBD at PAWS 1
- Grand Champion at the Fanchant Battle of the 2nd Annual Kpop & Culture Fest
- 8G: The Carnival
- Third Philippine Kpop Convention – Won 3 awards “Hottest Male Idol” for member Kim Jaejoong, “Song of the Year” for members U-Know Yunho and Choikang Changmin with “Why? / Keep Your Head Down” and “Globe’s KPOP Fanclub of the Year”
- DBD at GAWAD KALINGA
- 7G: Always Keep The Faith
- Xiah Day Philippines 2009
- Asia’s superstar group TVXQ’s first Philippine CD release “The 3rd Asia Tour Concert Mirotic Live Album” debuted at #3 in two of the country’s biggest record retail chains – Odyssey and Music One!
- DBD In Red Cross
- 6G: 053036 The Secret Code
- JG: DBSJEE Show Me Your Love Like Oxygen
- Coordinated with ArirangTV’s “Kpop Party: Pops in Seoul in Manila” that was held on July 5th 2008
- 1G: Una
- Cassiopeia Philippines was born
- TVXQ visited Manila for the first time to shoot a commercial
Poya is CassPH’s official mascot and was first seen on the organisation’s 5th Gathering back in 2008. A contest was held to name the infamous red bear in a keychain and one member (who won Jaejoong’s earrings sa 5G aka Ms. Poya) coined it thus the name: POYA, meaning ‘pulang yakap.’
Poya was once part of CassPH’s logo and is now enjoying the airwaves as the front-liner of our online radio station.
Catch this cute red bear on every online site and events of CassPH!